Pacific West Tree Service is looking for a few skilled individuals to add to it's team of experienced and professional staff. We are currently looking for a skilled climber and also grounds people.
Pacific West Tree Service is a great place to start your career as a grounds person, or to extend your knowledge and comfort level as an Arborist in a fast paced and friendly atmosphere.
Successful candidate will;
Be able to drive boom trucks and successfully operate them
Operate saws with precision and care
Successfully run a crew of 1-2 grounds people
Will be able to courteously speak to customers during a job or over the phone
Have ability to finely prune trees and sucessfully ball/shape/hedge different styles of trees as well as successfully take down large diameter trees. Other important qualifications :
- 3 years minimum climbing experience (In western Canada)
- 3 years of Bucket truck experience
Be clean of Drug and Alcohol addictions
One of ; ISA certification, Horticultural / Arboricultural degree strongly preferred.
Minimum 3 years recent climbing experience (within 3 months of application)
Live in province of British Columbia, near work areas
- Employee must be available for 24 hour emergency calls
- Employer will not pay for relocation to Vancouver, BC
- Job is full time, will consider part time workers
- Be strong and able bodied
- Able to think and act quickly
- Have a strong willingness to learn- Be willing to work in all types of weather (High heat, Rain, Wind etc)
- Have a valid BC Drivers License- Be drug and alcohol addiction free
Skills not required, but are highly desired;
- Past experience in Labour positions- Past experience in Tree Services
- Experience Driving heavy duty trucks (F550, Bucket Trucks etc)
- Air Brake Ticket- First Aid certificates
- Chain saw/Hedge trimmer/Blower/Pole pruner etc, experience
- Full time work, will consider part time workers
If you feel that you meet these criteria please do not hesitate to contact us, as we would love to meet with you!