- Must have at least two years of sales experience in arboriculture and/or horticulture.
- Must be an ISA Certified Arborist.
- Must have ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualification.
- Must possess a Class 5 Drivers Licence with Air Brakes endorsement and without serious contraventions, able to drive company vehicles including trucks.
The Assistant District Manager is a role which supports the District Manager(s) and Operations Manager in the acquisition of customers, assessments, sale of services, scheduling of work, and supervision of their subordinates. As this is a management role, they are expected to be subject matter experts in all aspects of arboriculture and safe work practices, to lead by example and act as a mentor and motivator for their peers.
This position is a combination of sales, office administration, supervision, and quality control. The main priorities are to quote and sell clients our arboriculture services, perform tree risk assessments and analysis, ensure safe work procedures are being followed by crews, assist in scheduling work, and supervise their subordinates.
Sales and Customer Acquisition
- Meet with residential, commercial, municipal, and other clients to provide assessments, quotes, and professional guidance on their arboricultural needs.
- Use a proactive approach to achieve required sales goals.
- Be familiar with local competitors, marketing campaigns, and sales materials/strategies to meet sales goals.
- Analyze sell-through information to project seasonal sales, and identify inconsistencies.
- Perform sales forecasting and recommend forecasting revisions.
- Cross-sell and up-sell clients to provide more comprehensive tree services.
- Support the acquisition and retention of customers.
- Understanding of financial aspects of operations and accurately quoting/scheduling accordingly.
- Represent and promote the company and services.
Administration and Scheduling
- Effectively quote and prepare proposals for customers.
- Accurately forecast manpower and resources needed to complete work to be sold.
- Prepare quotes, work orders, and arborist reports for clients.
- Coordinate, delegate, and assist in allocation and scheduling of work across districts.
- Assist in the coordination and use and maintenance of company vehicles and equipment.
- Provide feedback and guidance in organizing office workflow to ensure efficiency, accuracy, quality of work, and profitability.
- Participate in 24-hour Emergency Paging System responsibilities.
- Demonstrate a high level of competency and adherence to ANSI Z133 and company safety policies and procedures.
- Lead crews by example through monitoring performing all arboricultural services to the highest level of safety and efficiency.
- Visit various crews/sites and perform safe work observations.
- Provide immediate feedback from safe work observations and discipline for violations when necessary.
- Participate in weekly safety meetings with crews, propose topics of discussion.
- Perform tree risk assessments/other consulting tasks.
Supervision and Mentorship
- Act as a mentor for assigned coworkers, check-in with them regularly.
- Schedule periodic performance reviews with mentees.
- Act as a coach to facilitate work improvements in safety, quality, and efficiency.
- Promote positive work relationships and company culture.
- Encourage employee personal and professional development through guidance and suggestions for further training and education.
- Recognize and praise positive work behaviours.
- Offer constructive feedback on areas of improvement on employee performance, attitudes and behaviours.
- Create goals in collaboration with mentees to measure performance against.
- $66,000 - $71,000 annually, depending on experience.
- Annual performance bonus.
- Self Directed Benefits Package
- Company Vehicle
- Medical, Dental, and Insurance Options
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- PPE Safety Allowance
- Education/Professional Development Allowance