The Technician will work with a team of arborists for the proper pruning and the safe removal of trees in the Park District's high use areas.
- Demonstrates proficiency of manually climbing trees.
- Performs skilled level arboriculture tasks.
- Proficient knowledge of equipment operation pertinent to the field of arboriculture.
- Uses independent judgment and demonstrates initiative in completing assigned work tasks.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge in the proper plant material identification, pruning, and tree removal process.
- Performs general mechanical repairs on equipment beyond first echelon of maintenance.
- Instructs/trains and leads other employees in the trade/skills pertaining to the arboriculture field.
- Coordinates and completes arboriculture tasks within the Park District's high use areas.
- Operates and maintains at least 2 of the following equipment: aerial bucket, chipper, stump cutter and front-end loader, and special skilled-trade tools.
- Performs related duties as apparent or assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent with at least 2 years of skilled-level experience in forestry or arboriculture.
- Possess or obtain an Ohio Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with Air Brake and combination endorsement.
- Possess or obtain Ohio Pesticide Applicator's License, preferred.
- Certification applicable to trade, preferred.
- Experience in and knowledge of procedures, duties, equipment operation, calibration, and maintenance, which are ordinarily, obtained by extensive experience in a technical capacity and above those of a Grounds Maintenance position qualifications.
- Demonstrated ability to exhibit leadership consistent with teamwork approach.
- Must be available to work 2nd shift hours.
- Must be non-smoker/tobacco user.
Hours: 40 hours per week, 6:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Wage: $22.97 per hour with a .50 cent increase each six months until achieving $24.47 per hour
Filing Deadline: 10/25/2017
Cleveland Metroparks is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and talented workforce.