The Tree Climber is responsible for providing expert tree surgery services and inspections to customer properties. This position drives and manages a team of tree workers at job sites in the performance of various tree trimming and care services and will be teaching, coaching and performing climbing, pruning and tree removal services with bucket trucks, chainsaws, and other power equipment on residential and commercial properties.
Pay Rate: $25.00 - $30.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Tree Climber directs the team, including handling personnel issues on site, and training employees on best practices, as well as company policies & procedures.
- Plans and organizes job to ensuring sufficient resources and materials are available.
- Makes recommendations, on job status, personnel issues, or client concerns.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment, including worksite and equipment.
- Completes the job in time-efficient manner meeting company productivity targets.
- Completes the necessary paperwork including work orders, time sheets and material requisitions.
- Perform tree removals safely using power tools, climbing gear and systems
- Use proper pruning techniques, clearing and chipping tree debris, and disposing of tree debris.
SKILLS AND EDUCATION
- Valid driver’s license insurable with company's insurers is required
- Working knowledge of standard landscaping & horticultural practices highly desired.
- Two year's experience climbing and pruning trees
- Two year’s experience in the landscaping field preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills, math skills, job-planning skills, problem-solving skills, and mechanical aptitude are a must.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate skills. Please wear proper work clothes if asked for interview. Qualified candidates will be hired immediately.
Career Growth and Rewards
Team members have fantastic career opportunities. Our competitive pay, great benefits, professional development opportunities and our incentive programs provide the potential for additional earnings and professional growth! We are also one of the best training companies in the industry and we provide ongoing training, support self-development, and we GROW & Learn TOGETHER.
Job Type: Full-time
- Supervising: 1-5 years (Preferred)
- Tree climbing: 1-5 years (Preferred)
- Tree trimming: 1-5 years (Preferred)