We are growing and we are looking to add to our team of experts!
Do you enjoy crane work?
Do you enjoy performing ornamental pruning?
Do you want to work with the best team in the tree care industry?
At John B. Ward & Co. you can join a specialized team performing removals, pruning, or a combination of all types of general tree care.
John B. Ward & Co. is a second-generation family-owned and operated tree care company that has serviced the Main Line and surrounding areas for over 60 years. We are passionate about the work we perform and are dedicated to the clients we serve.
We love what we do and are thrilled to provide our employees with the best work environment and tools the industry has to offer.
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience (up to $35.00 per hour)
- Excellent benefits package
- On-going training and education to include CDL Certification and/or ISA Arborist Certification
- $800.00 gear allowance
- Safety first workplace
- Full time, year-round position
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Profit-sharing/401K plan
- 2+ Years of climbing experience.
- Experience with proper pruning practices to include ornamentals and large shade trees.
- Stationary and Moving rope systems experience.
- Basic dendrology.
- Driver’s license.
- Transportation to and from work.
- Good attitude.
- Commercial Driver’s License preferred.
- ISA Certified Arborist preferred.
- Higher education/Degree in the green industry preferred.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Tree Climbing for pruning & removals.
- Ground work such as felling trees, pruning, use of rigging equipment, raking, and general clean-up.
- Operating aerial lifts.
- Operating chainsaws and other cutting tools.
- Operating Dump Trucks and Wood Chippers.
- Climbing with crane assistance.
- Maintaining climbing gear.
- Participating in daily training.
- Pretripping trucks and equipment.
- Reading, understanding, and following work orders.
- Effectively communicating with team members, sales reps, and customers to accomplish the goal.
- Adhering to safety guidelines.
- Performing work in accordance with best practices, policies, and procedures (OSHA, ANSI z133 and A300 standards).