Arborist 2 (Crew Leader) - $22.00 to $30.00 hour
Full Time Position
- Perform various activities related to urban forestry/arboriculture on private, commercial, institution or municipal properties.
- Tasks include climbing, pruning, removals, cabling, tree identification, diagnostics and stumping
- To operate and perform maintenance on specialized equipment including Chippers, chainsaws and stump grinders in a safe and efficient manner. Lead Maintenance Program
- Effectively interpret work orders and delegate tasks
- Supervising crew/support staff
- Assist with Training and Orientation for co-workers
- Leads and participates in site safety briefings and regular safety meetings
- Complete administrative record keeping including equipment checklists, hazard assessments and sign off on time cards.
- Inspects equipment daily before and after use and ensures it is transported and stored safely
- Delivery of a high level of workmanship to achieve tree health and customer satisfaction
- Assist with estimating and sales in the field
- Assists with Fleet Maintenance scheduling.
- Assist with Sales and Estimating
- Assist with Risk Assessments and Consulting Services as needed
- Post secondary certificate or diploma in arboriculture or similar training
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a climbing production arborist
- Competent in all tree climbing skills including assessing hazards, tying in, pruning, rigging and tree dismantling.
- ISA Certified Arborist or Climber or the intention to challenge exam within an agreed time frame
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license (include a copy of your driver’s abstract with application)
- WHMIS and First Aid Certificates
- Chainsaw Certification or equivalent experience
- Outstanding communication and client relation skills
- Ability to take direction and perform task in safe and efficient manner
- Attention to detail, quality workmanship
- Honest, responsible with strong work ethic
- Leadership skills
- Punctual with personal transportation
- Own climbing gear, hard hat and steel toed boots
- Ability to lift 20 kg and carry it 100 meters
Open to negotiate benefits and relocation allowances.
Wages, Hours of Work and Benefits
- Variable up to 40 hours per week (weather and daylight permitting)
- Entitlement for up to 2 weeks vacation commencing in year two, 3 in year five
- Scheduled office closures - short term layout with EI benefits0 (Christmas/New Years)
- Equipment Allowance (commencing in year two)
- Professional Development Allowance (for dues and courses)
- All new hires are subject to a 90-day Probationary Period
- Vacation pay is included on each pay period
- Performance reviews 4 week, 12 weeks and then in line with annual HR policy program
- Performance Bonuses negotiable.
We have a zero tolerance drug and alcohol policy.
Canadian Citizenship or permanent resident verification will be required for successful candidate