Have tree climbing experience? Want to advance in a growing company that treats their employees with dignity and respect?
Cagwin & Dorward is a full service landscape provider specializing in landscape maintenance, landscape construction, water management, and tree care for commercial, municipal and residential customers.From 15 local service centers, we serve the greater San Francisco Bay Area from Santa Rosa in the north, to Monterey in the south and east to Sacramento.
We value learning, respect, integrity, commitment, accountability, leadership, honor, courage and results.
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- 401(k) plan
- Pertinent Equipment and Tools Supplied
- Ongoing Training & Credentialing
The Climber directly assist Foreman in daily tree care operations. Climb and cleanup work.
- Climb and prune trees using rope and saddle.
- Prune and/or remove large trees.
- Cut, chip and load brush and wood.
- Control lowering ropes and supply tools for other Trimmers and Foreman.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations of Cagwin & Dorward. Understand and perform first aid, CPR and aerial rescue procedures. React responsibly in emergency situations.
- Drive tree care equipment, aerial lift, spray truck and tow chipper. Maintain, prepare and use tools and equipment.
- Provide quality customer service and proper job site cleanup.
If you are a team player, good communicator, take direction well, hardworking, have a good attitude, want to learn, and friendly, we’d like to talk with you!
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in tree trimming or related formal education.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic computations.
- Possess and utilize good interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with customers, employees and management.
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Must possess a valid California driver's license with a driving record acceptable to the Company's insurance carrier.
- At least 1 year of verifiable work experience.
- Must be physically able to work in the year-around outdoor enviroment perfoming manual labor.
- Must be legal to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Possess the ability to lift, move, and maneuver up to 50 pounds on an infrequent basis and up to 30 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.