At Strathmore/Botanica we have year-long work opportunity for our team of Arborists! With us, you will get to try your hand at different contracts with different tasks such as:
- Handling pruning, cabling, removal, chipping branches;
- Examining trees and determining the treatment to be applied in case of illness;
- Stump grinding;
- Transporting and using heavy equipment and tools.
And we ask that you:
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of Strathmore Landscape Contractors while respecting safety rules;
- Maintain a courteous and polite attitude with clients and teammates at all times.
The requirements for this position are:
- Must have DEP in Arboriculture, ISA Certificate a must;
- At least 1 or 2 years of experience in the field;
- Class 5 driving license with a clean driving record;
- Class 3 license is a great asset to bring to the team;
- Having the ability to handle physical demands: walking, climbing, kneeling, repetitive motion, bending at the knee, bending at the hip, lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling up to 27 kg;
- Being able to understand verbal instructions and act upon them, read labels, keep simple records and communicate verbal reports;
- Practical understanding of how to use forestry equipment;
- Being able to work well independently as well as in a team with little supervision.