Tree Care Climber in PLAINFIELD , IL
$500 NEW HIRE BONUS
GROWTH * PAID WEEKLY * GREAT BENEFITS * FAMILY CULTURE
Valid Class C license is required but Class B is preferred
The main objectives of the Tree Care Climber position are to scale trees at various heights and prune back branches while removing unnecessary debris. The Tree Care Climber will work with a crew and safely perform all day to day operations in accordance to industry and company safety standards and operating procedures. The Tree Care Climber will also be expected to maintain a positive image for Acres in the field and in the industry. Employee wiill be expected to complete work in accordance with industry and company safety standards and operating procedures.
1-2 years experience preferred, but willing to train. Valid IL drivers license. Willingness to perform physical labor, learn basic chipper operations, to learn basic roping & knot techniques. Motivated to learn and become a climber.
- Climb trees for pruning and removal while maintaining the A.N.S.I. Z133.1 safety standards.
- Prune trees according to A.N.S.I. A300 pruning standard.
- Work with team to clean up resulting debris (i.e. brush, branches, logs, etc.)
- Perform all job duties with the highest safety standards and quality standards in accordance with A.N.S.I. A300 (quality) and Z133 (safety).
- Participate in weekly crew meetings, while providing pertinent operation information on an as needed basis.
- Assist in identifying problems and developing solutions.
- Comply with all Acres Group policies and procedures relative to uniform usage, alcohol issues, safety job briefings, and other handbook items.
- Ensure overall quality and safety of work is done through property evaluations, spot site inspections, pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections, and periodic infield site safety inspections.
- Provide suggestions and assist in implementing solutions in conjunction with the work being performed on site, with a goal of continuous improvement of company, industry and A.N.S.I. standards.
- Participate in the development and continuous improvement of our Company safety program.
- Assist crew leader with the day to day operations.
REQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- The ability to withstand extended exposure to various weather conditions year round.
- The ability to dismantle trees in a controlled manner while working with a team.
- The knowledge of advanced rigging techniques and equipment.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs independently or 125 lbs team lift.
- The ability to operate a brush chipper to the A.N.S.I. Z133.1 safety standards.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in both English and Spanish to safely perform work procedures and communicate with clients as needed on a day to day basis on the jobsite is required.
- At least one (3-5) year of tree pruning and climbing field experience including the ability to operate all equipment and tools utilized within the climbing industry.
- A clear understanding of A.N.S.I. A300 pruning standards as well as A.N.S.I. Z133 safety standards and the ability to utilize these standards to ensure safe work practices.
- A Class C license is required but Class B is preferred
- we will help you attain your CDL license
- $500 sign on bonus paid upon completion of (90) days of employment
- For consideration please email your resume to: Greatjobsare@acresgroup.com