Job Description -- Arborist Crew Leader / Climber / Bucket Operator Colorado Premier Tree Care LLC is an ISA Certified Arborist-owned tree care company, located in the Denver Metro Area.
We are a drug/smoke-free family company practicing modern arboriculture with an emphasis on safety and professionalism. Check us out at www.coloradopremiertreecare.org and Facebook.
We are seeking an experienced Arborist Crew Leader / Climber / Bucket Operator with a passion for arboriculture.
- Perform all aspects of tree care in accordance with written job specifications and ANSI standards, with and without direct supervision.
- Lead and communicate with the crew as needed to ensure high levels of safety, quality, attention to detail, customer satisfaction; assist in training less experienced employees.
- Drive trucks with trailers, including daily safety inspection before and after operating.
- Operate equipment including chainsaw, chipper, tractor, skid steer, leaf blower, etc. including periodic maintenance/repairs.
- Work safely and comply with company policies and ANSI/OSHA regulations for tree care operations, including wearing all appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Complete and retain basic skills training. Willingness to pursue additional training and certification as needed.
- Perform all Ground Worker duties, traffic and pedestrian control, and other relevant duties as operationally necessary.
- Hold Class B CDL. Have experience driving CDL truck w/ trailer (air brakes and manual transmission).
- Hold ISA Certified Arborist credential.
- Have 3+ years of verifiable experience in tree care with an emphasis on climbing and/or bucket truck operation.
- Be proficient in safely performing all aspects of modern tree care including strong tree ID skills, climbing (with and without spikes), rigging, pruning, and felling techniques. Experience with cabling, planting, and PHC is a plus.
- Be a physically fit non-smoker with their own climbing gear (company will replace consumables).
- Be motivated to continuously expand and improve skill set.
- Work safely with job hazards including but not limited to equipment and vehicle operation, drop zone awareness, loud noise, woodchipper dust, gasoline and diesel exhaust, chemicals including fuel, oil, and pesticides, electrical hazards, etc.
- Be able to comply with US DOT regulations for commercial vehicle drivers; pass a pre-employment DOT physical and drug screen and random drug screening as needed; driver qualification is a mandatory element of this position.
- Able to work on all types of terrain and regularly lift/drag/pull 50 lbs. and occasionally up to 100 lbs.; willing to stretch and utilize proper lifting techniques.
Work Schedule (weather and workload permitting):
- Regular work schedule is Monday through Friday, off Sat & Sun, and each workday is usually 8-10 hours in length.
- Start and end times vary in this industry. Start time is usually 7-8 AM. You must have your own reliable transportation to and from work.
- Flexibility is required especially during the slower winter months, as this may cause deviation from our regular schedule.
- Highly competitive hourly compensation is based on experience and qualifications.
For consideration, please email your completed application and resume with work experience/qualifications, education, and at least 2 professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org