Director of Operations Wanted
Position Director Of Operations
Type Full-time (40 + hrs)
Company Royal Tree Service
Location Baie D’Urfe, Quebec
Start date March-April, 2020
This is a primary leadership role in the business that carries great responsibility. This is an ideal job for a climbing arborist with multiple years of experience who is looking to expand their skills and knowledge, or a forestry engineer who understands the complexity involved in removing urban trees in tight spaces. An ideal candidate would be ISA certified and be familiar with the most recent arboricultural practices and residential workflow.
The Director of Operations leads all production activities surrounding our tree, hedge, stump and log teams. This includes managing personnel, coordinating logistics, inventory procurement, production tracking, solving customer issues and machine/tool repair, among many other tasks to further improve production at Royal Tree Service. We are looking for someone who is a good leader, logistically minded, has leadership experience and someone who is handy and is capable of making small repairs on tools, machines, vehicles and customer properties.
- Primary role is to maintain financial production goals
- Manage and coordinate all production teams (tree, hedge, stump and log). Make sure that the appropriate number of employees and resources are on site for each job
- Manage various production reports
- Manage the servicing, maintenance and repair of all vehicles, tools and equipment.
- Procure all needed supplies for shop, trucks, employee gear, rigging kits, etc.
- Manage personnel, including involvement in the hiring process, making recommendations for wage increases, promotions and terminations, performing year-end employee reviews and finding ways to motivate staff.
- Meeting with customers to find appropriate resolutions to issues
- Be involved with the strategic planning needed to grow the business
- Experience in a leadership position
- Management experience (asset)
- Experience in arboriculture industry (asset)
- Valid drivers license (class 3 is an asset)
- Excellent communication skill – written and verbal (English necessary, French is an asset)
- Problem solver – ability to identify problems and understand issues. Resolve issues proactively
- Working knowledge of maintenance and operational functions
- Moderate computer skills (email, excel, word, online ordering etc.)
- Strong sense of customer service
- A position for someone who wans a greater involvement in company direction
- Monday to Friday, March/April to December
- Statutory holidays
Salary & Benefits
- 28 - 35$/hr, based on experience, potential and rate of return
- Possibility of Continuing education in all aspects of arboriculture provided throughout the season by ISA Trainers
- Benefits, TBD
- Company owned tablet provided
- At Royal Tree Service we believe in opening opportunities for employees to advance in the industry and within the company.