Company Name: Columbia Professional Arborists
Position: Lead Climbing Arborist/Supervisor
Terms of Employment: Full-Time permanent (40 hours per week), Possible Overtime and On-call work.
Date Available: October 2019
Additional Compensation: Employee benefits package (after 3 months) and RRSP Match (after one year of service)
Location: 115 Crockford Blvd, Scarborough, Ontario (with travel to client site required)
Contact Information: Phone :416-285-5574 #102 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Come join our team as an Arborist!
Columbia Professional Arborists is a growing urban forestry company with branches in both Windsor and Toronto. Our team offers a wide range of services to commercial, residential and municipal clients throughout the province of Ontario.
Columbia encourages individual growth and learning, while working in a well-organized, supportive team environment. We value health & safety along with continuous training and skill development of our workforce.
We are searching for experienced and certified Arborists to join our team. Candidates should be flexible, able to travel and eager to grow with our organization.
The Lead Climbing Arborist is responsible for performing a wide variety of work tasks to manage the timely completion of tree maintenance and tree removal contracts.
He/she will be required to supervise and lead a crew along with operating a variety tools and equipment required to complete tree services as directed by the Director of Operations.
He/she will manage daily schedules, time tracking, as well as provide daily progress reporting on job time and cost data.
- Certified ISA (required)
- Valid ARZ license (an asset)
- Valid G license (required)
- People management and leadership
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Customer and quality focus
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Project and time management
- Training and developing others
- Ethics and integrity
- Responsibility and dependability
- Perform Arborist duties including:
- Perform required tree work from ground level, climbing or by safe forestry bucket operations
- Remove brush, diseased trees and branches that have potential to interfere with electricity transmission lines
- Vehicle and foot patrol of utility power lines to perform live line clearing via means of rope and saddle or bucket operations
- Pruning, stumping and required clean up
- Other arborists duties as required
- Under guidance from the Director of Operations, oversee and support the work of all assigned crews to ensure proper quality, productivity and safety.
- Direct the loading/unloading of trucks and trailers in the morning and afternoon including all daily labour, equipment and materials required to complete daily objectives
- Plan and execute field operations to optimize the crews/labour to stay within budget
- Inspect all work completed for quality to eliminate the need for return visits and/or re-work due to quality or customer satisfaction issues
- Review scope of work and safety issues with the crew prior to beginning each work assignment and report any safety hazards
- Ensure that all work activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner and that all crew members follow government and company standards
- Assist the Director of Operations in the training of new crew members and apprentices on proper and safe job methods
- Ensure crew members conduct tree risk assessments prior to working on trees
- Lead team in storm emergency situations
- Perform all necessary duties for emergency response in accordance with all safety requirements, laws and regulations
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and maintain professional credential’s (Utility Arborist/ISA Certification)
- Enforce policy and disciplinary procedures as per employee handbook
- Photograph and provide detail documents before and after of required job sites
- Minimum 2.5 years’ experience in all types of arboricultural work including; tree climbing, bucket operations, pruning, removal, cabling, bracing, stumping, planting and fertilizing
- Experienced and knowledgeable of approved safety procedures when working at heights and near energized conductors
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner
- Effective communication skills – must be able to carry out verbal instructions, read labels and signs, complete daily reports to office and/or customers
- ISA Arborist Certification is required
- Ability to walk, stand, crouch for long periods of time and carry out strenuous physical tasks in various weather conditions
- Valid G Driver’s License and safe driving record
- ARZ an asset
- Outdoor field environment
- Remote locations as well as urban city environment
- Daily travel from site to site
- Out of town travel
- Walking/hiking on various surfaces including flat, dry, wet, slippery, uneven, rough, steep terrain, hills and slopes
- Exposure to noise, dust, grease and all types of weather and temperature conditions
- Work on call as required for storm calls, respond and report timely and in good condition to perform work duties
- Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a field environment and climb trees