TREE CLIMBER/ARBORIST POSITION (FULL TIME)
Renaissance Tree Care is currently looking for a qualified individual to become a member of our tree care team. We are a small family owned business who have been servicing the greater Seattle and surrounding areas since 1995. This position offers competitive hourly wages based on skill level and experience; with regular opportunities for increases and skill growth provided by the company. A full benefits package will be awarded after a 60 day probationary period which include MEDICAL and VACATION. Work is completed Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 3:30pm - with the occasional opportunity for overtime.
Because of the physically demanding nature of the job, the following is required of all applicants:
● Demonstrate physical fitness: climbing, med/heavy lifting and endurance.
● Be comfortable with climbing to heights exceeding 25'.
● Possess professional communication skills and an ability to be a team player.
● Attention to detail and a willingness to learn/receive feedback.
● Flexibility to function in multiple roles (tool/vehicle maintenance, ground and climbing).
● A valid driver's license and current DMV record.
● Strong written and verbal English skills.
All applicants must possess the following skills in some capacity. Renaissance Tree Care is willing to work and invest in individuals to strengthen certain core skills an applicant might be weaker in.
● Working knowledge of knots, ropes and the usage of both.
● Ability to climb trees both with and without spurs.
● Utilization of all appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and company/state safety rules
● Safe and knowledgeable operation and maintenance of trimmers, power tools and heavy
equipment/machinery (chainsaws, chippers, trucks, etc).
● Some level of familiarity with native tree and shrub identification, growth habit and care.
● Experience in proper pruning, removal and rigging techniques.
● At least one year experience in the industry or the ability to effectively demonstrate proficiency in
the above skills.
● An interest and appreciation for the unique natural environment of the Pacific Northwest.
PLEASE NOTE: 90% of the work related to this job is done outdoors; all year long and in all weather conditions that do not pose a safety risk. Employees are expected to provide their own clothing and weather gear to allow them to function in a variety of weather conditions. Renaissance Tree Care will provide all additional equipment required to complete work.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to the address below.