Our growing company is looking for a new Arborist.
At Ladybug Arborists we are known for our passion for trees, knowledge-based assessment of our clients' trees and scrubs, and doing what is best for the trees and our wonderful clients. We are proud to do what we say we will, when we say, for the price we quote.
If you work well in a team, love learning about and working with trees, and want to work in a fun and supportive environment, this job is for you!
- Perform various activities rated to urban forestry/arboriculture on private, commercial, institution or municipal properties.
- Tasks include climbing, pruning, removals, cabling, tree identification, diagnostics, and stumping
- To operate and perform maintenance on specialized equipment including Chippers, chainsaws and stump grinders in a safe and efficient manner
- Effectively interpret work orders and delegate tasks
- Supervising crew/support staff
- Leads and participates in site safety briefings and regular safety meetings
- Complete administrative record-keeping including equipment checklists, hazard assessments and sign off on time cards.
- Inspects equipment daily before and after use and ensures it is transported and stored safely
- Delivery of a high level of workmanship to achieve tree health and customer satisfaction
- Assist with estimating and sales in the field
- Post-secondary certificate or diploma in arboriculture or similar training
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a climbing production arborist
- Competent in all tree climbing skills including assessing hazards, tying in, pruning, rigging and tree dismantling.
- ISA Certified Arborist or Climber or the intention to challenge exam within an agreed time frame
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license (include a copy of your driver’s abstract with application)
- WHMIS and First Aid Certificates
- Chainsaw Certification
- Outstanding communication and client relation skills
- Ability to take direction and perform the task in a safe and efficient manner
- Attention to detail, quality workmanship
- Honest, responsible with a strong work ethic
- Leadership skills
- Punctual with personal transportation
- Own climbing gear, hard hat, and steel-toed boots
- Ability to lift 20 kg and carry it 100 meters
Hours: Variable up to 40 hours per week (weather and daylight permitting)
Wage: $19 - $23/hour/hour
Apply with your resume and cover letter before Sept 27, 2019.
Only applicants chosen for interviews will be contacted.